Tomorrow Team India will face Bangladesh in the final of the Asia Cup 2018. This is not the first time that India and Bangladesh will play the Asia Cup final. Before this, the two teams met in the finals of Asia Cup 2016. The 2016 edition was played in Twenty20 Format and India won the final quite comfortably winning it by 8 wickets.
Interesting Stats to look before the finals India and Bangladesh
- India and Bangladesh have met each other 11 times in Asia Cup, where India has won on 10 occurrences and Bangladesh only once.
- Over all both teams have met each other 35 (ODIs) times in ODI cricket where the blue brigade have won 28 times while the Bangla Tigers have been successful only 5 times. 1 match was no result and 1 was abandoned.
- Last 10 matches played between the two teams India have been victorious 7 times while Bangladesh 2 times and one match is no result.
Result of last 10 ODIs between India and Bangladesh
|BAN v IND||IND||6 wickets||Fatullah||Feb 26, 2014|
|BAN v IND||IND||7 wickets||Dhaka||Jun 15, 2014|
|BAN v IND||IND||47 runs||Dhaka||Jun 17, 2014|
|BAN v IND||NR||Dhaka||Jun 19, 2014|
|BAN v IND||IND||109 runs||Melbourne||Mar 19, 2015|
|BAN v IND||BAN||79 runs||Dhaka||Jun 18, 2015|
|BAN v IND||BAN||6 wickets||Dhaka||Jun 21, 2015|
|BAN v IND||IND||77 runs||Dhaka||Jun 24, 2015|
|BAN v IND||IND||9 wickets||Birmingham||Jun 15, 2017|
|BAN v IND||IND||7 wickets||Dubai (DSC)||Sep 21, 2018|
- In 2018 Asia Cup, India have been undefeated with 4 wins out 5 and 1 tie while Bangladesh have won 3 and lost 2.
- Shikhar Dhawan is top scorer (327) with 2 hundreds, Mushfiqur Rahim’s on 2nd position (297) and Rohit Sharma (269) third are the three leading run-getters this year so far.
- Among bowlers, Mustafizur Rahman is on top with 8 wickets. Jasprit Bumrah is on the second spot with 7 wickets.
- Rohit Sharma has scored three consecutive fifties in his last three innings: 111*, 83*, 52. If he able to score another half-century in the finals of the tournament, then he will be the first skipper to score four consecutive fifties in the Asia Cup.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar requires 4 wickets to make his tally to 100 ODI wickets, currently he has 96 wickets. If he does so in the finals then he will become the 19th Indian to bag 100 wickets or more wickets in ODI cricket.