Kapil Dev is well known as the one of dominating all-rounder for India and Successful World Cup 1983 winning captain. He was also an India’s national cricket coach for 10 months between October 1999 and August 2000.
|Bowling Style||Right arm Medium|
|Batting Style||Right Hand batsmen|
|Father||Ram Lal Nikhanj|
|Career Best||World Cup 1983 winning Captain|
|Awards||Arjuna Award (1980)|
|Padma Shri (1982)|
|Wisden Cricketer of the Year (1983)|
|Padma Bhushan (1990)|
|Wisden Indian Cricketer of the Century (2002)|
|ICC Cricket Hall of Fame (2010)|
|The 25 Greatest Global Living Legends In India by NDTV (2013)|
|CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement award (2013)|
- Kapil is the only player to have achieved the all-rounder’s double of 4,000 Test runs and 400 Test wickets.
- Kapil holds the record for the most innings in a complete career (184) without being run out.
|Pakistan||Faislabad, Iqbal Stadium||16-21 Oct 1978||8, NB||0||Match Drawn|
|New Zealand||Hamilton, Truist Bank Park||19-23 Mar 1994||18, NB||1,1||Match Drawn|
- In 1988, Kapil overtook Joel Garner to become the highest wicket-taker in ODI cricket. His final career tally of 253 wickets remained a record until it was broken by Wasim Akram in 1994.
|Pakistan||Quetta, Ayub National Stadium||01-Oct-78||13*||1||India won by 4 runs|
|West Indies||Faridabad, Nahar Singh Stadium||17-Oct-94||12||0||India lost by 96 runs|
Remarkable Facts about Kapil Dev
- Kapil Dev hit 4 consecutive sixes to off-spinner Eddie Hemmings in Test Match to avoid a follow on at Lords in 1990.
- In the 1987 World Cup against Australia, Kapil Dev agreed with the umpires to increase Australia’s total from 268 to 270 as one boundary had mistakenly been marked as 4 instead of 6. India went on to lose the game by 1 run.
- Kapil Dev never missed a Test match due to fitness issues.
Kapil Dev Stats
2 Replies to “Happy Birthday Kapil Dev- The Legend of Indian Cricket”
Hi there mates, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say about this post,
in my view its genuinely awesome for me.
Thanks for appreciating.