Year 2016 has been great for Indian cricket fans. As India became No.1 Test team and stayed on the top by the end of Year 2016. Not only this; Virat Kohali has won 18* continuous Test Matches most by any Indian captain. Hope the streak goes on and India’s hunger of winning streak never stop in the Year 2017.
Few Highlights of Indian cricket in the Year 2016:
- India beat Australia in T20I by 3-0 in Australia; it was the first time in 140 year any team clean sweep Australia in Australia. India came back in T20 after getting thrashed by Australia 4-1 in one day series.
- India beat Australia in T20I world cup by 6 wickets and made to semis but heart breaking for Indian fans as they lost in Semi Final by West Indies.
- India won Asia Cup T20I by beating Bangladesh by 8 wickets and winning its 6th Asia Cup Title
- Indian team playing with young guns; white washed Zimbabwe by 3-0 in Zimbabwe.
- India beat West Indies in West Indies by 2-0 in 4 Test Match series.
- India beat New Zealand in Three Test Match series by 3-0 in home series.
- India beat New Zealand by 3-2 in 5 match series at home.
- India Women cricket team lift sixth Asian Twenty20I title by beating Pakistan by 17 runs; thanks to unbeaten knock of Mithali Raj of 73 runs.
- India beat visitors England by 4-0 in 5 Test match series.
- Kohli and Jayant Yadav added crucial 241 runs for the 8thwicket in the 4th test helped India to won the 4th Test Match by an innings and 36 runs.
- Karun Nair becomes the 2nd India to hit the triple ton and only 3rd batsmen to convert maiden ton into triple ton before him Sir Garry Sobers and Bob Simpson did this
- India registered its highest total in the Test Matches i.e. 759/7 d (5th test match of the series)
- 7 wickets claimed by Ravinder Jadeja in 5th Test Match on last to seal the series.
- RAVICHANDRAN ASHWIN BECOMES 3RD INDIAN TO WINS SIR GARFIELD SOBERS TROPHY BECOMES ICC CRICKETER OF THE YEAR 2016
- Ashwin was named in the ICC Test Team.
- Ashwin Ranked No.1 Test Bowler and Ravinder on no. 2 spot in ICC Test Rankings 2016
- Virat Kohali Ranked No.1 Batsmen in ICC T20I and No.2 in ICC Test and ODI’s Rankings 2016
- Jasprit Bumrah Ranked No.2 bowler in ICC T20I rankings 2016
- India under 19 team won Asia cup by beating Sri Lanka under 19 team by 34 runs and seals the title for India.
Stats of 2016 of Indian Cricket in Brief
Batting in Test Matches
Bowling In Test Matches