Series of high emotions, drama, controversies and an intense competition has come to an end. But the drama is still on. India has beaten Australia by 2-1 in the series; but enormous batting and bowling skills shown by both the sides which made the series so bloodthirsty.
The series will also be remembered for verbal spats and body gestures on the cricket field and statements made in press conferences outside the cricket field.
It all started after the first test match which was held in Pune between Australia and India were India had to taste a crushing defeat of 333 runs. India team only managed to make 105 and 107 runs in the both the innings of the test match on a spinning track on the contrary Australian skipper Steven Smith made alone 109 runs score in the 2nd innings of the test match.
Fiery things which took place during the series….
- During the 2nd test match and 2nd innings of Australia batting Steven Smith was caught on the camera for seeking help in DRS from dressing room but umpire immediately reacted and shown the way of dressing room to Smith. Later in the press conference Steven Smith said I was hit on the pad and looked toward Pitty and he said look up there, so I looked towards Dressing room and it was sort of Brain Fade, Moreover Peter Handscomb said that I referred Smith to look at the dressing room because I was unaware of the rule. Obviously Indian team was not happy; Virat Kohli and Ashwin given the statement according to them which given augment to the matter further.
— BCCI (@BCCI) March 7, 2017
- While saving a ball going to boundary played by Cheteshwar Pujara during the 3rd test match in India’s 1st innings, Glenn Maxwell teasingly mocked the skipper Kohli injury as well.
- During India’s 1st innings on Day 3, a violent swap of words stuck between Ravindra Jadeja and Australian wicket-keeper Matthew Wade.
Mathew Wade was seen sledging Jadeja during Nathan Lyon’s over.
“Why do you come to Indian team”, Wade said.
Jadeja looked back at Wade and replied:”If you will start it…I will give it back to you.On-field umpire Ian Gould had to interfere in the issue and asked Jadeja and Wade to stop the verbal contact and focus on the game.
- Australian Skipper Steve Smith was come into view calling Murali Vijay an “f**king cheat” while he was in dressing room after the Indian opener claimed to have taken a catch that was later ruled grounded. Vijay, fielding at gully, appeared to catch Josh Hazlewood for the final wicket of Australia’s 2nd innings but the on-field umpires considered it for a referral. Nevertheless, the Indian opener, swayed he had claimed the catch cleanly, left the field to begin padding up for the Indian innings but he was later called back as third umpire Chris Gaffaney ruled the ball had scraped the turf and declared it ‘not out’.
Although 4th Test Match was less tensed as Indian skipper Kohli was out of action due to shoulder Injury.
- Virat Kohli Indian Skipper says that he is no longer friends with Australian players and never will be following his side’s conquest in a heated Border-Gavaskar Trophy series. Kohli declared before the start of the series that he was “really good friends” with some of his Australian opponents, with whom he often shares a dressing room during the Indian Premier League season. Later on Kohli tweeted and said…
1/2 My answer at the post match conference has been blown way out of proportion. I did not categorically say the whole Australian team but
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) March 30, 2017
- Finally Steve Smith apologies for losing control during the 4 test match series in the press conference.