The final of IPL 2018 will be played today in Mumbai at Wankhede Stadium between the top two teams of this season IPL. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) will meet each other in the toughest final in the history of IPL. Although CSK has the 100%-win record against the SRH this season but nothing can’t be predicted in the shortest format of the game as 1 over is enough to change perspective of the whole game.
Some stats you want to know before the IPL 2018 Final begins:
- Overall both CSK and SRH played 9 matches and out of this Chennai has won 7 and SRH 2
- CSK is playing 7th Final in 9 IPL seasons.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is playing IPL final for 8th time. He has played 6 times for CSK and 1 for RPS.
- Dhoni need just 7 runs to beat his previous best of 461 runs which he scored in IPL 2013 of 18 matches. This season so far, he has scored 455 runs in 15 matches.
- Chennai has played 12 matches in Wankhede and they have won 6 and lost 6 while Sunrise Hyderabad played 5 matches and tasted win in just one match
- This season, four players from Chennai, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Shane Watson and Mahendra Singh Dhoni have scored more than 400 runs. Rayudu scored 586, Dhoni scored 455, Watson scored 438 and Raina scored 413 runs.·
- CSK has hit most six’s this season: 135.
- CSK has taken most wickets in power play (26)
- Though CSK bowling is somewhat weak. None of his players are included in the top-10 bowlers’ list. For Chennai, Shardul Thakur has taken 15 wickets. He is the 12th highest wicket-taker in the list.
- SRH has best bowling economy this season 7.90.
- Hyderabad batting revolves around skipper Ken Williamson and Shikhar Dhawan. In this season, Williamson is top run getter as has scored 688 runs in 16 matches at an average of 52.92.
- In this season for Sunrisers, Shikhar Dhawan has scored 471 runs in 15 matches at an average of 39.25. He has scored 57 boundaries and 13 sixes.· As an all rounder Shakib Al Hasan has picked 14 wickets in 16 matches at an average of 7.87 and scored 216 runs at an average of 21.60.
- The SRH bowling is outstanding this season. Rashid Khan, Siddharth Kaul and Shakib Al Hasan have taken 56 wickets combining.
- Rashid bowled 64 overs in 16 matches and has taken 21 wickets by conceding 434 runs at an economy of 6.78.
- Kaul also has taken 21 wickets in 16 matches. However, for this, he has given 504 runs at an economy of 8.
- Team batting first have won 7 times out of 10 IPL Finals. So, Toss could be crucial.